- Edmonton Faith Communities Talk Housing (CRIHI) – Thursday September 6, 2018 (9:30am-1:30pm) at Evangel Pentecostal Assembly (4461-50 St) – details on | poster | and | program/agenda | Sponsored by Capital Region Interfaith Housing Initiative.
- Hymn Jamboree “One Bread, One Body” in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Inner City Pastoral Ministry – Sunday September 9, 2018 (3:00-4:00pm + social to follow) at Ascension Lutheran Church (8405-83 Street, Edmonton) – details on the | poster |
- Living the 8th Fire | POSTER | – The Inner City Pastoral Ministry & Moving Forward with Reconciliation hosted four events in 2017 around the theme of “Our Common Ground.” As people who live on Treaty 6 territory, we want to keep this good energy, dialogue and fire going for the rest of 2018. You are invited to join the “Living the 8th Fire” series in a small group setting. This is a 9-week group, happening throughout 2018 on April 7, May 5, June 2, October 6, November 3, and December 1 – Saturday mornings at 10:00 am. If you would like to join or need more info, please email Michelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Worship services, Sunday at 11 a.m. - Each week people from the community are welcome to Sunday services in the Bissell Centre West drop-in centre. Though the community gathered is humble and sometimes down-trodden, the sense of God’s presence is evident as we sing, proclaim the good News and pray. All people from the community are welcome, no matter what their condition, how they are dressed or whether they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs (as long as they are not disruptive).
- Lunch (Sundays at 12 noon) - In breaking bread together we grow closer to one another. This hospitality happens because of volunteers who come from the 90+ churches and synagogues who give great effort and expense to provide the lunch, which follows the worship service. Within this ministry of hospitality and care, the “inner city” and “outer city” grow closer together.